Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 246: $1 to school gardens

I didn't get too much of an opportunity to read about this program I was donating to, and I had hoped to find more information on the internet about it.  After realizing that I had been searching Fresh Market instead of Whole Foods, I found the site with all the info.  Anyway, while purchasing some salmon for a Caesar salad and some delicious strawberry habenero salsa at Whole Foods (not The Fresh Market), I noticed the opportunity to donate $1 or $5 to a program to help fund school gardens.  I chose to donate $1, and the cashier was overjoyed. She said that no one ever donated voluntarily, only if she asked them to.  I think she felt bad about her effusive display and wanted to make sure that I truly was intending to donate, not just asking about the program; she said that she didn't want to pressure me.  I assured her that I was genuinely intending to donate.  Had I wanted to, I could have written my name on a paper carrot and put it in a paper garden, but I didn't really see much point in that at the time.  Also, no one gave me a carrot.


No comments:

Post a Comment