Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 270: $10 to Volley for the Cure

I'm not really sure that today's donation amounts to exactly $10 considering that I received a black and pink t-shirt for my donation. This sort of donation accomplishes more than one goal for me. First and foremost, I am supporting breast cancer research. Secondly, I am supporting my students who are volleyball players (there are quite a few this year). Finally, I get to wear a t-shirt to school on Thursday which for some odd reason is an event to look forward to. Sad, I know.  When you teach public school, you end up looking forward to dress-up days, pizza for lunch, snow days, and the occasional fire drill on a particularly nice, sunny day.  I've always dreamed about the water main break, too, but it has never come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment