Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 259: $5 (or $50) to the Milford Schools Foundation

The school district that I work for finally has a charitable foundation that grants money to teachers and teacher project within the district. I hope to actually apply for a grant shortly to support the student-led writing center, but I also wanted to donate to the foundation. I sent an email to the English department to see if anyone else wanted to donate $5, and then we could send the money as a donation from the MHS English department.  I ended up collecting $50 from eight people (including myself). This accounts for a little less than half of our department members, which in some ways was disappointing to me, but in other ways predictable.  Without making judgements, the usual suspects donated the money.  There are some people you can always count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment