Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 244: can of soup and applesauce

I ended up donating the last can of soup that I purchased this summer when I went on a soup buying binge one day. I think it was turkey sausage gumbo or something like that.  I never ate any of the cans that I purchased.  The fact is, I LOVE soup, but I am such a snob that I can't really stomach canned soup.  I like homemade soup and soup from really good restaurants.  Nonetheless, I'm sure when fall and winter arrive I will find myself in the soup aisle of the grocery store saying something like, "This one might be good . . ." and throwing it in the cart.  The individual containers of applesauce I gave to the Freestore Foodbank today were left over from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.  Turns out, I much preferred ice cream at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment