Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 243: old towels for art class

Just yesterday, an art teacher at my school emailed the staff a request for old towels that could be used when cleaning up after ceramics class.  The goal is to use fewer consumables like paper towels.  It's an admirable idea, and I was so happy that I actually remembered to bring in three old dish towels.  It would be great to get some new dish towels anyway.  This is the type of donation I am really pleased with.  In years past, I might have seen the email from the art teacher, briefly though about how I might help, and then have gone on with my busy life, only returning to that email weeks later while cleaning out my inbox.  This year, I am much more cognizant of my opportunities to donate to other people's causes, and I actually feel grateful when I run across something that will easily fulfill my obligation for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment