Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 242: 25 cents to Share the Bread

I'll admit that today's donation is on the lean side--even close to pitiful--but I will attempt to defend the meagerness of it anyway.  First, I have one more day until my paycheck is deposited and as always happens in August, I'm a little closer than I'd like to be to poor.  Second, I was treating myself to a Panera coffee this morning (I love the ability to add your own skim milk and cinnamon there) and I had absolutely no cash. I had to buy my coffee with my debit card, but before I headed into Panera, I grabbed all the coins that were in the change holder in my car (they were mostly pennies) and added them up.  Sure enough, I was able to give 25 cents to Share the Bread, and I'm guessing I was even one of the first people to donate today.  Here's what I'm wondering:  after my year of giving is over, will I continue to donate at Panera or will the Share the Bread box fade into the background, becoming invisible to me on the counter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment