Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 312: $1 to Share the bread

It's been awhile since I've gone to Panera (realtively speaking).  This is due to my new make-coffee-at-home kick which may or may not last a little while.  Yesterday, however, was one of four days of the school year when teachers get to go out to lunch.  Glory be, we decided to go to Panera (we only get an hour tops, so it's difficult to pick a real sit down restaurant).  I was happy because I knew it would give me a chance to donate and because teh chicken wild rice soup was delicious.  Even though at times I'm jealous of other people who go out to lunch every day, I'm actually much happier packing. It's more healthy and less indulgent in all manners. I do wish that we had more than 30 minutes--bell to bell--for lunch.  It's so rushed, just like every minute of a teacher's work day.  I would love to have a job that encouraged a little time for mental sanity during the work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment