Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 328: $2 to polar bear habitats

It's Thanksgiving! There are probably a million and one ways I could have given thanks by donating something today, but the fact is I felt like staying home in the cozy warmth of my living room watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and helping to make a few dishes for dinner. Relaxing at home is something I rarely get to enjoy during the school year, so I took the opportunity to donate by texting my Coca-Cola  product code (from my 12-pack of Diet Coke) to the number provided on the carton. This allows me to donate $1 and Coke to match my donation for restoring polar bear habitats. I've been trying to log on to the ridiculous arctic home website to see how much money has been collected so far, but the site will never load.  The rigamarole associated with the arctic home website and the donation process sort of makes me wonder if Coke doesn't really want to give away too much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment