Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 317: $20 to Complaint Free World

My AP Language students wanted to participate in the Complaint Free World experiment. (They learned about this while researching A.J. Jacobs and his book The Year of Living Biblically.) Of course, as the adult I had to collect he money. At total of 21 of us wanted the purple bracelets which remind you to stop complaining (and also remind you to try to go for 24 hours without complaining). The bracelets are $1 each, but are only sold in packs of 10, so I had to order 30.  I collected about $10 from my students (and may still get some more) but as I suspected, I put in most of the money. I don't mind too much because all proceeds go to the charitable organization whose absolutely futile, idealistic, quixotic goal is a complaint free world. How can you not love that? I also love a website with free shipping and no tax.  

No comments:

Post a Comment