Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 327: $1 to the Red Kettle (Salvation Army)

Today was my first donation of the season to the bell ringers manning the red kettles outside of retail stores like Walmart and Kroger. I was so happy to see them. I'm sure this will make winding up my year of giving that much easier. The funny thing is,after I gave at one kettle (picking up a few things for my mom at Sam's) I went to another store and sheepishly looked in the other direction, avoiding eye contact with the bell ringer.  I bet that happens to them all day long. I wanted to tell her that I had just given at another store, but that seemed futile (and silly) so I did what I bet 75% of other people do (maybe more). I walked away, glancing down, avoiding her look, avoiding her ringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment