Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 322: $1 and change to Share the Bread and 25 cents or more to Special Ed

This was a pretty normal day for me. Since it was Friday, not raining, and I wasn't running late to school, I stopped at Panera to treat myself to a cup of coffee and a chocolate-chip muffie (I got the last one).  I paid with my credit card, but I had a dollar in cash to put in the Share the Bread box. Later the same night, I ended up at Panera again with friends for an after-dinner coffee. My friend Gina and I combined bills at dinner (she had a half off coupon) and at Panera (she had a free coffee drink), so when I paid the bill at Panera with a $20, I got back $15 and some odd change from the price of her brownie and my peppermint mocha.  Again, I put the change in the Share the Bread box.  This blog post is getting long-winded, resembling the type of writing I'm trying to encourage my students to avoid in their upcoming narratives. Anyway, I also had the perfect chance to support special education programs at Milford this week. All I had to do was place an order for some Buckeye treats and pay $3.75 for the dozen of them.  All proceeds and my twenty-five cent tip go to the special ed programs.

On a final note, I was able to contact a woman named Nancy at Milford-Miami Ministries today (they are a local charity) and they would LOVE to take the gloves and mittens that the students in the writing center collect over the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment