Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 285: 16 cans of food

The MEA (teacher association) is running a canned food drive this week. The idea is to donate one can of food for each hour that you work outside of your contract day over the course of the week. When I was at Sam's last week, I picked up two eight-packs of canned vegetables--corn and peas. Personally, I detest canned vegetables; I would much rather eat frozen if I can't have fresh.  Mostly, I believe that peas need to be green, and I don't believe I've ever really seen the right hue on a pea that came from a can. This week, however, I discovered that some of my colleagues love canned peas, so that makes me feel better about donating them.  I also noticed that someone else had contributed a bunch of cans f beans and wieners.  This must be someone, like me, who buys the on sale products to donate. Nonetheless, I know that someone out there--probably a kid--really likes beans and wieners.

No comments:

Post a Comment