Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 286: Pineapple

I left two 20 ounce cans of pineapple for the continuous food drive today. This is a product I can feel good about donating because I would without a doubt eat pineapple from a can myself (although I would still prefer fresh). In fact, I wish I had some pineapple with cottage cheese right now. The two cans I donated today came from a four-pack that I purchased specifically for donating (two cans to the athletic food drive, and two cans to the Green Bean Delivery continuous drive). Usually, I donate straight from my cupboard, but that fact is that most of the canned goods I have left are expired and need to be thrown away.  Maybe once winter comes along for real I will be more into food from a can. It could be a sort of feeling that goes with the hibernating aspects of cold weather--buy a new Snuggie, turn on the gas fire, eat from a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment