Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 291: 5 cans of beans

I bought five different cans of beans last night (red beans, black beans, chili beans, white beans, and maybe another type, I'm not sure). I donated these cans to the MEA food drive, making my total of cans donated to this food drive 21 cans! One reason I felt the need to donate more was that the cans are supposed to represent all the extra hours that teachers spend working outside of the contract day. Since I don't believe that many people will actually donate (general apathy) I thought I would pitch in a little extra.  One reason I think the high school can never donate as many cans as the elementary schools is because the larger the school, the easier it is to ignore a request like this and let others pick up the slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment