Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 289: 19 cents to Pennies from Heaven and wooden nickel to Granny's Garden School

After purchasing a pair of jeans at JC Penney's today (and getting 20% off) the saleswoman asked me if I would like to round up my bill and contribute to Pennies from Heaven  (I just got the pun on this one) which helps after school programs for kids. Sounds like a great idea. After Pennies, I went to Whole Foods for the second time this weekend. I was looking for Chia seeds (a new super-food I read about this morning) and a handmade veggie pizza. Since I finally remembered to bring my own bag, I was able to donate my wooden nickel to Granny's Garden School. I wonder of there is anyone out there who takes the bag credit instead of donating the wooden nickel.  Seems so miserly.

No comments:

Post a Comment