Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 297: Cat food

I originally purchased a bag of cat food for the one ton pet drive going on in Milford, but I never dropped off the bag in the collection bin. The collection was supposed to last through Sunday (and it probably did) but by the time I drive by Panera--on of the collection spots--at 6:30 p.m. the collection barrel was gone. I wasn't too disappointed because this gave me an opportunity to stop by the Animal Adoption Foundation that I drive by twice a week on the way to my evening class at Miami. The Animal Adoption Foundation was the establishment that helped me get my cat Callie fixed for about $30 (as opposed to $300+ that the vet quoted me). The thing I enjoy about the Animal Adoption Foundation is that when you walk in the door, there are cats just roaming around. The place is clean, and there are at least two cat rooms with windows and cat condos and cat trees, but some of the cats (I'm guessing the more mellow cats) just walk around the place. When I stopped by at around 6:00 p.m., they were extremely busy, dogs barking, people working, cats meandering. I simply said that I had some extra food, handed the bag to a young lady working, and left, petting a cute little cat with pink ears on my way out. I admire the people who volunteer at the shelter.  I should do that, but my allergies would probably really kill me then.

No comments:

Post a Comment