Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 301: Halloween things

Today I gave unsolicited Halloween gifts. These included pencils, erasers, and slimy-sticky eyeballs (which were by far the most popular) to my students. We also played Halloween trivia for about 5 minutes in most classes.  I clearly would have purchased candy for my students as I've done in previous years, but this year Milford has enacted a new wellness policy that strictly forbids giving candy to students (or having any kind of food in the classroom).  I think the wellness policy is a good idea, actually. It just takes a little getting used to. When I was young and in school, we never had food and drink beyond lunchtime and a stop at the water fountain.  Nowadays, food and drink are ubiquitous.  Just don't take away my coffee and my ice water.

No comments:

Post a Comment