Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 359: Christmas! $10 shared harvest, $10 tip for haircut, $30 tips to various helpers, gifts

Well, I knew that I wouldn't be heading out today with the opportunity to donate money or goods anywhere. Also, I have no ability to donate online today, so I saved up some of my giving for earlier this week for today, Christmas day. In addition to normal gift giving, I donated $10 to Shared Harvest at Whole Foods. This is enough money for a bag of food. I also gave my wooden nickel (from bringing my own bag) to Granny's Garden School.  I did that the last time I went to Whole Foods as well.

One of the best gifts this season, however, was not even mine. My sister decided to donate her long hair to locks of love. She had it cut at Great Clips because they will send the hair donation in for you. She researched online prior to getting her hair chopped and she knew just how to braid the hair for cutting and giving. The actual haircut was then free, so I paid the tip for my sister ($10). That was yesterday--an exciting day for sure. I was more nervous about the hair chopping than she was. She really has no attachment to short or long hair. Within the next few days, she's getting it colored as well. She looks completely different.

Finally, I wanted to note that I did give $10 Amazon cards to the mail carrier, the trash collector, and the green bean delivery driver this week. I'm sure their are more people like this I should consider during the holiday season. I just need to remember to do so.

I can't believe that my year of giving is coming to a close. It was about this time last year that the idea first popped into my head. I was sure I wouldn't be able to keep up with it, but now it's winding down. There are only six days left!  Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment