Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 352: $1 to firefighters

I decided to eat lunch at Firehouse Subs because I saw an advertisement about their beverage machine which can mix an enormous number of syrups and flavors with your favorite drink.  Lucky for me, I also noted that this establishment allows you to round up your bill with the proceeds going to firehouses throughout the country. Now, when I inquired about rounding up my bill at the cash register, the young woman working had no idea what I was talking about and acted extremely confused. There was, however, another option--a plastic collection box for change and dollar bills. So I took advantage of that and shoved a dollar in. My meal was pretty good. (The bread was definitely better than Subway's, and the rest of the workers seemed friendly.) My raspberry Diet Coke was almost undrinkable.  So much syrup. I did notice a table tent, though, that detailed all of the philanthropic endeavors of Firehouse Subs related to the support of firefighters and fire stations across the country. My experience was pleasant overall. I will go back, I'm sure, at some point.  Maybe I'll even purchase one of their used pickle buckets to help raise money.

No comments:

Post a Comment