Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 365: LAST DAY! $20 to Donors Choose Project

And so I end my year of giving the same way I began it, with a donation to a teacher on Donors Choose.  This time, I chose a project about art and Transcendentalism.  When I taught American literature, I loved reading Transcendentalism with students, so I thought the donation was appropriate for me.

It's hard to believe that my little experiment is over.  I'm relieved and a little forlorn at the same time. Since I can't quite give it up yet, I'm going to be posting a series of reflections about my year of donating--regrets, accomplishments, thoughts, and what not. So I will keep this blog going a little longer. Who knows, then I may start a new one.  Can't wait for 2012! Looking forward to it. 

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading about your year tremendously and wanted to let you know it's encouraged me to take advantage of everyday small opportunities to give. I look forward to your reflections. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete