Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 357: 50 brown bags to food pantry (and 140 pair of gloves)

Before I dropped off the 140+ pair of new gloves and mittens collected by the MHS writing center at the Milford Miami Ministries location, I checked out their website. I noticed that the food pantry portion of MMM was requesting bags (any type) that could be used to aid their distribution. Well over a year ago I purchased a number of plain brown grocery sacks that I use around the house for recycling bags. This lets me not worry so much about what type of bag I'm getting at the grocery store. By having my own stack of recyclable bags, I am actually recycling more (even though that logic seems a little warped). I always get around to recycling the plastic bags that accumulate as well. I took about 50 of these bags out of the box I store them in and brought them with me to the MMM center. The people there were nice, grateful, and a bit rushed because of the holidays. I've been donating a lot to MMM lately, and now that I've seen their operation, I may do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment