Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 343: $1 to the Freestore Foodbank

After a holiday party with colleagues, I stopped on the way home to make some small purchases at Kroger. Since I had not found a place to donate for the day, it was quite simple enough to rip off a $1 coupon, available at the checkout lane, scan it, and donate to the Freestore Foodbank. I wonder why the don't have those coupons available at the checkout counters throughout the year. It seems like any easy way to support one of the most trusted charities in Cincinnati. I also wonder if I will be continuing to donate as often or nearly as often when my Giving Year is up. It's drawing very close to the end, and I'm having mixed feelings. In one way, the daily obligation will be over (sort of like wrapping up a school year or a semester of classes), but in another way, I imagine myself forgetting to give as often.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment