Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 155: Cleaning supplies for Joplin, MO

At a Kroger (not too local, but not too far away) today organizers were collecting goods for Matthew 25 Ministries to help distribute to tornado victims in Joplin, Missouri.  It was an easy thing to do, and a nice day for a drive to the Kroger store in Mason.  I was able to donate some Soft Scrub, some Clorox cleaner, and a package of yellow gloves.  I also included the two packages of Charmin Freshmates that I tried to giv eaway on Freecycle last week.  (I still can't believe someone didn't take those.  People take used, cooked hot dogs for goodness sake).  The event was called Rally 4 Relief and it had multiple sponsors besides Kroger.  It's nice when local business can collaborate.  I even noticed that my friend Gina's old workplace, Planes Moving Company was involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment