Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 165: $1 to Share the Bread

Today's one dollar "dough-nation" to Share the Bread is a common one for me.  I was lucky enough to buy a Panera breakfast sandwich today (but not lucky in that it was on the way home from dropping my car off for a major repair).  I have to get the air conditioning fixed in my car for upwards of $900.  That's a crazy amount that I would rather not pay right now, but air conditioning is essential for summer.  I've already driven around on some 90 degree days feeling miserable, and I would rather not do that all summer long.  I'm not a good hot person.  I turn cranky and sullen when heated.  The fun part (if you can call it that) is that for the past two weeks or so I've actually noticed the other people on the road who have their windows down in the searing, sweltering, abominable heat.  Kindred spirits I never knew I had. Usually it's a guy in a beat up, rusty truck, not a woman in a Hyundai like me, but whatever.  Something in common is something in common--which brings me back to Share the Bread.  I like giving to this charity is because of the name and the basic idea.  What could be more important than feeding hungry people?  What could be more satisfying than bread? What is easier to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment