Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 173: Sudoku Books to Yellow Ribbon Support Center

I made a special trip to the Yellow Ribbon Support Center today to drop off two sudoku books that I have been saving to donate. The Yellow Ribbon Support Center, among other things, makes care packages for soldiers overseas. One of the items on their wish list (which I picked up while there) was indeed sudoku books! (I thought it would be.)

It might seem odd to drop off something relatively inconsequential and small, but I truly believe that these silly little puzzle books will make it over to Iraq or Afghanistan, and will help someone pass the time in difficult circumstances. What I really like about dealing with local charities is that you have a certain level of trust. Everyone in Cincinnati knows Keith Maupin, the Yellow Ribbon Support Center creator/organizer, and we all know the story of his son, Matt, who was killed in Iraq.  Keith and others have dedicated themselves to supporting the troops, so to support the Yellow Ribbon Center is an easy choice. Now that I have the wish list, I'm sure I will go back.  In fact, on the Yellow Ribbon website, there is a list of other locations that collect for Yellow Ribbon.  One is right in my neighborhood on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment