Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 162: $10 to sponsor Bike MS

On the last day of school, a colleague, Andrew S, sent out an email to everyone letting us know that we could sponsor him in Bike MS Venture the Valley 2011.  I thought it was a good idea (and convenient), so I logged on today to give a $10 donation.  In noticed that my donation was the smallest collected so far, but that most of the people who had donated (with the exception of one other colleague) looked to be relatives or close friends of Andrew. They are required to give more.  I also felt a little cheap because $10 was not an amount that you could automatically select (those started at $25) but had to fill in deliberately.  But hey, like I said, there was only one other colleague on the list who had donated. I like the convenience of websites where you can sponsor people, and the MS website was similar to the Relay for Life website where I donated to a student earlier this year.  I much prefer this than filling out a sheet that looks like a Girl Scout cookie order that a student brings up to your desk.

Yesterday was the first official day of my summer vacation, and I have to admit I'm worried that the opportunities for giving/donating will not be as plentiful as when I was in school. Hopefully, though, I will be able to get back to one of my selfish goals for this project--de-cluttering.  More time in the summer means more time to clean out old things and donate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment