Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 161: Vacuum cleaner to VetsConnect

As always, when you donate household items or clothing to the veterans through VetsConnect, they are spot on with the pick-up.  I registered online just two days ago, and they showed up promptly at 8:00 a.m. to retrieve the vacuum cleaner from my front porch.  This was a really nice vacuum cleaner that recently began to smoke when I turned it on.  A handier person will fix it, I'm sure, and it will be good as new.  It probably just has too much cat fur stuck in it somewhere.  I'm left with a lesser vacuum cleaner, but I'm still happy with the outcome.  One of the things that makes this transaction so simple, was the ability to schedule the pick-up online.  It's not that I hate talking to people on the phone or anything, I just prefer to handle things without that interaction.  So much easier just to click and go.  Who needs human interaction anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment