Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 170: $2 to homeless pets

I purposely purchased kitty litter at PetSmart today knowing that at the checkout I would have the opportunity to donate to homeless pets.  Whenever I am at PetSmart, I look at the cats and kittens that are up for adoption. They are always heartbreakers. Today, two adorable kittens were playing, unaware of their miserable confines.  All the other cats were adult. One was named Wicket and had a whole story about how her owner couldn't care for her anymore because sometimes "life happens." You can't argue with that. In many ways, we are all just one bit of bad news away from "life happening."

I'm glad that PetSmart makes donating so easy. They even have a program where you can donate to a local shelter online. I also found this article about where your dollar goes when you donate at PetSmart. Very reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment