Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 167: Cereal to Freestore Foodbank

It's Thursday which means I'm getting a delivery of fresh produce from Green Bean Delivery right on my doorstep!  I'm excited for my bin to arrive later today, and I'm again taking advantage of Green Bean's Constant Food Drive which allows me to leave non-perishable food items in my return bin.  Green Bean makes sure that the items get to the Freestore Foodbank, the largest free food provider in the tri-state area.  Today I put in a box of cereal called Healthy Lifestyle that looked like flakes with dried strawberries.  I don't know why I had never opened this box, but it's been in the pantry for awhile so I figure it should belong to someone who is going to eat it.  I also donated some ready-to-heat-in-the-microwave oatmeal (vanilla peach). While I thought this type of oatmeal would be good for a quick breakfast during the school year, there are too many preservatives in it for my comfort. I'd rather just mix the hot water with the dry oats after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment