Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 164: 2 CDs to the library

Since I wad returning an item due today, I took the opportunity to donate two CDs to the library.  I donated a John Mellencamp CD (no Cougar, so it must have been relatively recent) and a CD by a band called Red House Painters.  Two things struck me.  1.  Why did I have a John Mellencamp CD?  2.  What one-hit wonder did I like by the Red House Painters?  When the library get a donated CD, they do one of two things.  Either they add the CD to their collection at a branch, or they sell it to raise money for the library.  I imagine the latter is what they do most often.  I wonder how they decide.

An addendum to today's giving:  Two pre-teen girls in my neighborhood came around this evening selling "bracelets" for a dollar each.  I'm quite sure their parents didn't know they were ringing doorbells at 9:45 p.m., but I purchased a tri-color bracelet made of three braided strings.  It's not even a bracelet really.  It's just string.  Is this a donation?  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment