Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 102: Race for the Cure and Share the Bread

I went to a local store today--the Miami Market--to pickup some of my mother's favorite chicken salad with cranberries, and I was pleased to find a donation jar at the cash register.  I donated 75 cents to Seipelt Elementary's fund-raising efforts for Race for the Cure.  Later, when I stopped by Panera to pick up some bread and some delicious soup for tomorrow's lunch, I also donated $1 to Share the Bread. I actually ended up donating $1.05 because I tried to use a nickel to shove the awkwardly hanging dollar down a little further into the plastic container. My efforts did not succeed, and I looked foolish, so I quit.

At both locations today, there was someone in line behind me when I donated. Both time I wondered if the person noticed my donation and if he was inspired to donate as well. Maybe. Maybe not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment