Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 112: $1 to Tsunami and Earthquake relief for Japan

Today was full of mishaps, and one of them was my attempt at donating.  I really wanted to dump a bag of change I had in the Coinstar and donate the amount to charity. I knew that Meijers had a Coinstar machine, and yesterday I had read on the Food for All website that you could donated through Coinstar.  When I looked at the options on the machine, however, they were only gift cards like Amazon or iTunes.  I couldn't find any charitable options at all (which seems a shame). Confused, I chose the cash option which is basically usury. Also, it caused me to have to wait in a long line for the cashier.

Later in the day, I went to Biggs and donated $1 with my checkout bill for Japan.  Still, it should be easy enough for Coinstar to have the charity option on all its machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment