Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94: $2 to Water to Well--Water for Haiti and $1 to Reece's Rainbow

My mom heard about this possibility for donating on the local news.  Basically, a local woman has started a water bottle company that makes 100% bio-degradable water bottles. As her company was getting off the ground, the earthquake in Haiti occurred, and she decided that they should ship everything from her warehouse to Haiti.  Next, a band from a local church, Loveland United Methodist got involved. They wrote a song that can be downloaded for any donation.  The net profits go directly to water for Haiti.  This was a neat way to donate locally and globally.  Too bad the page to download the song wasn;t working, so I will never hear it.  Oh well.

I was also able to vicariously donate $1 today to Reece's Rainbow, a Down Syndrome Orphan Ministry, because I read an article this morning saying that actress Patricia Heaton would donate $1 for every Twitter follower (up to 10,000).  I thought for sure the number would be surpassed, but when I got to Twitter I was only about 1,000 or so.  Right now, Reece's Rainbow has just reached 10,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment