Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 98: the linebacker sweater

Today I donated a sweater that made me look like a linebacker.  It's a cream-colored, short sleeved, open cardigan with just three buttons near the top.  There is something about the fit though (and maybe something about the wearer) that made me look like I started on defense. It probably doesn't help that I have a habit of sticking my sweaters in the washer and dryer.  I can't help it. I'd rather wear something misshapen and shrunken than something smelly or stained. I think I probably saw a picture of myself in this sweater once or caught myself in he mirror at an odd angle.  Ever since then, I've tried the sweater on with various outfits to no avail. Last night I tried it again and got angry enough to bag it up for donation.  Who knows, now that the NFL may be going on strike, some lineman may be in need of a little charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment