Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 92: Share the Bread and One-to-One shoes from Toms

I woke up relatively early today so that I could go into work for about three hours (9-12). I stopped for coffee at Panera (love to  put cinnamon in my coffee and they have a shaker) and I donated a dollar to their Share the Bread charity.  Later, my sister and I went to Nordstrom's to look for a new pair of Toms shoes. I picked out the cream colored classic style. Toms donates a pair of shoes to a child in a developing nation for every pair purchased. I love my new shoes, and I love the one-to-one model of business.  I was disheartened today to see a blog post at Huffington criticizing the Toms shoes philosophy and the upcoming One Day Without Shoes event.  So much cynicism in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment