Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 95: $10 to Food Pantry

Today I decided to donate $10 to a local food pantry while I was at Mejiers. The store makes this especially easy by placing cards with UPC symbols for you to pick up at the checkout. I believe I gave to the Mount Repose Baptist Church Food Pantry. If I'm going to be brutally honest, when I was giving, I wished there had been a $5 option instead of just a $10.  Also, when I read the back of the card, I realized that my money will be converted to a gift card for someone who goes to the food pantry. Now I feel like the people at the checkout who judge what people are buying with food stamps.  I don't want to be judgmental, but I would have felt better about it if Meijers was donating healthy food staples for people's pantries.  I guess I'm being cynical. I guess I'm saying that I don't trust the struggling person with the gift card I paid for to select appropriate options.

No comments:

Post a Comment