Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 91: craft supplies for Freecycler

I emailed Diane from my local Freecycle group today to let her know that I have successfully saved one 18 oz oatmeal container and three Pringles containers.  I acquired one of the Pringles containers from Geoff at work.  The other two I've been saving. Pringles are delicious, and this was a good excuse to eat some.  I discovered, too, that the best kind are the plain Pringles.  (They now make 800,000 varieties of Pringles, and I think some include ketchup.)  This is true of a lot of things.  Plain cheese pizza is delicious.  White socks. Jeans and t-shirt.  Grapes, bananas, and apples. Tossed salad with just a few good, but really fresh ingredients.  Simplicity rules.

I don't really know how the containers will be used--I've imagined a giant cardboard robot, but it probably has more to do with kaleidoscopes or drums or something.  Could be a piggy bank.  The opportunities are endless with reclaimed containers.  Personally, I used to love making guitars out of kleenex boxes and rubber bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment