Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120: care package items and $1 to youth program

Today I drove through Gold Star Chili, purchased a root beer for my sister who was with me, and handed over a few items for donation to a care package for troops overseas.  Gold Star has adopted a unit, and they requested different types of items.  I gave two Sudoku books and a pack of playing cards.  This makes it sound like soldiers are just bored and need something to do.  But I'm sure that sometimes this is actually the case.  There were a lot of other items I could have purchased for soldiers. I wonder, though, why the U.S. government isn't supplying soldiers with items like laundry detergent, deodorant, and other personal care items. It just seems strange.

I also donated $1 today to Asbury Youth Ministries--or at least a man claiming to be collecting money for such an organization.  I can't know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment