Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 124: $25 to Kiva MicroFunds

I've always been interested in donating to Kiva microfunds which I think is such a laudable organization. For some reason, I could never muster up the will to give $25 which, I think, is the minimum amount. I guess I'm just getting used to donating between one and ten dollars. It feels less painful.  When I discovered that I could redeem my credit card reward points at Charity Choice earlier this year, the idea of giving away $25 became a lot more palatable.  Then I discovered that Kiva is one of the organizations listed on the Charity Choice website. It seemed like a perfect match, but I have one disappointment. I didn't get to choose the person or cause that I wanted to lend money to.  Somehow this seems integral to the whole process.  Maybe I'll have to try out Kiva again, next time trying to not be so damn cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment