Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 141: $1 to Children's Hospital

After a failed attempt to donate to a care package for troops (the center was closed), I went to Sam's Club today with my sister.  She noticed that they were collecting donations for Children's Hospital through the Children's Miracle Network, so I was able to donate $1. I believe this may be the third time (maybe more) that I have donated to Children's Miracle Network.  I really should look up more info about the organization, but if  a company like Sam's/Walmart is allowing them to collect donations, you would assume that they have been vetted and are a legitimate and helpful organization. 

I've been wondering lately why I haven't been feeling a donation high--a brief little bit of good feeling after donating.  Instead, I've just been feeling a donation relief.  It could be the types of donating I've been doing lately.  It could be the monotony.  I'll have to think about it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment