Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 131: 50 cents to Make-A-Wish foundation and about 12 cents to Share the Bread

When I was at Panera this morning for a coffee, I had no cash, and only 12 pennies.  I dug them out of my wallet and put them in the Share the Bread box.  Later, my sister and I went to Maggiano's Little Italy for dinner (delicious). I was so pleased to see that they offered an opportunity to donate as well.  By purchasing a "Leslie's Lemonade," for $3.75, I was able to donate 50 cents to Make-A-Wish.  There were other items to order that might have donated a full dollar, but that wasn't really clear at the time. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the peach and pomegranate lemonade, and hopefully it can help get Leslie to Hawaii which is her wish or other children with terminal or tragic diseases have their wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment