Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 151: about 20 buttons and $1.71 postage

I read a post on Freecycle last night that requested buttons for a Girl Scout project.  The poster did not want to travel too far out of her normal routes to pick up buttons for her daughter (who can blame her).  I knew that I had a whole box full of buttons--I save them when they come attached to a new sweater or other item of clothing.  I reasoned that I would probably never actually sit down and sew a button back on to an item of clothing.  I mean, it's a possibility, just not a probability.  Since my goal for the week was to give away more household items that I am not using, I thought this opportunity fit perfectly.  I emailed the poster this morning and asked if I could mail her the buttons (no charge).  She responded, noted that this was a kind gesture with her words and no less than two exclamation marks, and supplied her address.  I'll send the buttons this afternoon!  I wonder what the project entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment