Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 142: Black Sandals

Another failed purchase for my chubby, hard-to-fit feet.  These sandals, which looked almost exactly like a comfortable pair that I wore all last summer, only cost me $20.  Still, I only got to wear them twice.  They were so tight across the top that I worried I was doing some sort of permanent damage the other night.  You know it's bad when you are in a professional setting and you start picturing what exactly would happen if you actually took off your shoes.  How would people react?  It's like when you're feeling sick to your stomach.  As soon as you picture yourself throwing up, you've crossed that threshold.  So I crossed the threshold with these brand new sandals, which fit just fine in the store, but almost made me into a heroine from a Pearl S. Buck novel when I wore them out. Never fear, I bough a pair of brown sandals yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment