Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 136: Green shirt (blouse?)

Not sure what qualifies as a shirt or a blouse these days.  Does a blouse have to have buttons?  Anyway, this top was hardly worn (it was a little too small) so I gave it the heave-ho today.  I think I bought the shirt--it was a sort of ugly green color--because it matched a patterned skirt perfectly.  The problem was that while the colors matched, the whole ensemble didn't look all that great.  I retrieved it out of my "probably won't wear" drawer. I have to admit, though, I had a little trouble finding something I was willing to part with today.  I looked through plenty of other items--even other items from the "probably won't wear" drawer and still found reasons to hang on to them.  Sometimes I just feel this way about my possessions.  I might need them.  Other days, I feel like I could give away almost all my clothes.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I also gave a pen to my friend Allison today.  This pen had a regular pen on one end, a highlighter on the other, and a little area to hold tiny sticky tabs.  The pen was free for me, though, so it can't really count as that much giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment