Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 150: $1 to Children's Hospital

Memorial Day.  It was over 90 degrees today, so on the way home from a Wal-mart too far away (buying a weed whacker only they had in stock) my sister and I drove through a nice looking Dairy Queen.  She got a blizzard, I got a cone.   I noticed that their drive thru window was plastered with Children's Hospital hot air balloon cut-outs signifying donations, so I asked the very nice young woman at the window if they were still collecting.  She said yes, and I asked if she would take my dollar donation.  She was so appreciative, as if I was donating to her directly.  I wonder if she doesn't get that many donations at the drive-thru.

My goal for the coming week is to find more home items that I don't need anymore.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment