Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 184: $25 to Make-a-Wish Foundation

I was able to use reward points from a credit card today to donate $25 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I hadn't even thought about using the rewards program from this specific credit card, since I hardly use the credit card, but it did cross my mind today. I'm glad I came across this idea (especially since it's getting late in the evening and I haven't donated today). I don't have very many points on this card, but I believe I will be able to go back later and donate maybe two more times. Again, I'm so glad this option is available on credit cards, although lately on the news all you hear about is that credit card companies will begin eliminating rewards programs due to increased fees leveled by the federal government.  I know that I mentioned this before, but it's worth thinking about again: It's hard to pick a charity when there are so many other rewards/gifts to pick from.  Well, it wasn't terribly hard, just a bit. I wonder if, after my year of giving is up, I will ever redeem any points for myself (or a friend or relative) instead of a charity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment