Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 201: $1 to Save the Penguins

Who doesn't love penguins? What I might love even more, however, is when an opportunity to donate shows up so fortuitously. I had quite a long day yesterday, beginning with the dentist, and then continuing with hiding out from the oppressive heat in my home, followed by an evening of indulgence (kind of).  Basically, the day was all about me, and I spent a ton of money. I went to Newport on the Levee for a delicious dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup (Tom + Chee) to be followed up by the final Harry Potter movie in Imax 3D--still not sure what is different than regular 3D there, but ok.  In between, we stopped at the Sweet Shop next to Tom + Chee to look around and fill a bag with taffy. An there it was--an opportunity to donate to save the penguins.  The Wave Foundation is a part of the Newport Aquarium that focuses on conservation at the aquarium and worldwide.  They have a lot of opportunities to donate, including by purchasing artwork created by penguins!

No comments:

Post a Comment