Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 199: Two meals to Feeding America

I purchased one of the most delicious candy bars in the world today, a Snickers (and I haven't even eaten it yet.) I went online to the Snickers website and entered the bar code from my candy bar, and Snickers donated enough cash to cover two meals for Feeding America, a nonprofit that distributes over 3 billion pounds of food a year. I'll probably split the Snickers bar with my sister tomorrow. I'm not into saving candy bars like that Charlie in the Chocolate Factory kid. Each bar has 280 calories, so it's a good thing that Snickers also seems to be sponsoring some sort of fitness program on their website.  Is that disingenuous? Like tobacco sponsoring non-smoking programs. My other favorite nostalgic candy bar--just plain Hershey's. My favorite adult candy bar--Lake Champlain. Absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment