Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 212: Bag of clothing to Goodwill

This is the first of my larger donations of clothing this week. I gave at least ten shirts (maybe more, I counted quickly) and three winter scarves that were barely used, if at all. I decided to go to Goodwill today because I know that they will make good use of the clothing. I finally let go of my multiple years' worth of yearbook staff t-shirts. I haven't taught yearbook in three years, and it was time to let go of the shirts.

There's something about dropping of goods at Goodwill that feels safer and just generally more acceptable than dropping good off in a big bin in a store parking lot (not that I don't do this as well). I noticed the other day that the Planet Aid bin up the street in the parking lot of the Wine Merchant is no longer there.  I predicted this earlier this summer when I saw that people had carelessly left boxes and bags of donated goods outside the already full bin. In addition, it rained for a week on top of the goods. Not sure if it was the store or Planet Aid who decided that the yellow bin was no longer a good idea for that location, but I cannot blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment