Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 198: Shoe Rack

I'm in a never-ending search for a way to organize my shoes that will be efficient, easy, and most of all sustainable. This shoe rack, which has been in my closet for a number of years, was not the solution. It went the way of freecycle.  I have a feeling that the real solution to organizing my shoes has to do with not only greatly reducing the number of shoes I own, but also deciding to actually care where, when, and how I discard my shoes once I no longer want them on my feet.  I have a few shoe mats in various locations, I have my closet, but so often my shoes just end up where they may.  I dream of a space-age (or fake space age, like the Jetsons) conveyor belt that delivers shoes and maybe even clean clothes to me when I need them. Until then, I will continue to fight the entropy that comes with owning too many shoes, and I will search for more manageable systems to corral my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment